Acceptance: Payment of deposit & / or balance constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Deposit: $400 – $800 (depending on the boat hired) payable to us immediately to confirm your booking. Unfortunately we cannot hold tentative bookings.
Final Payment: The final payment is due no later than 8 weeks prior to departure during normal and off season. It is due 12 weeks prior in peak season.
Security Bond: $1,000 bond is payable by cash on boarding. This will be refunded by mail within 14-21 days, less fuel & gas costs when the boat is returned on time in a clean, tidy and respectful condition. Any excess cleaning, damages or losses will be charged at cost.
Smoke Free: Foxtale Houseboats has an indoor smoke free environment. Smoking is allowed on the outside decks. Additional cleaning charges will apply for breach of our smoking policy.
Cancellations: In the event of cancellation of the booking, no money will be refunded until the houseboat is re-booked for the relevant hire period. A re-booking fee may be charged and deducted from the refund. Where booking cancellation occurs and the houseboat cannot be re-booked for that hire period the owner reserves the right, at its discretion, to retain all or part of the monies paid.
Management Cancellations: The managers/owners will make every effort to ensure the houseboat is available as booked. However, they reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen or changed circumstances, such as relocation of houseboat, dates etc, and will advise guests at the first available opportunity. A management or owner cancellation will afford a full deposit refund.
- Board from 3:00 pm and disembark no later than 10:00 am.
- Charges will apply for late return of boat ($50 per hour or part thereof). If late return of vessel causes interruption to business or unreasonable delay and expense in business operations the responsible hirer will be charged accordingly for any loss of income.
- All bookings on Foxtale Houseboats will be subject to an accidental/wilful damage policy, a no smoking policy and an excess cleaning policy.
- The person responsible for the hire of Foxtale Houseboats must be over the age of 21 years and present a current full car or boat licence.
- Fuel is at the hirer’s expense, crafts are full on departure and are refueled on return.
- CALLOUTS – callouts are charged at $75 per hour if at the fault of the hirer. This includes beaching the vessel on a sand bar. A higher fee will apply if another houseboat is required, as two staff members will be required. Please listen to instructions carefully.
- Security bond will be returned within 14 days via EFT – less fuel and other costs if boat is returned on time. If damage or loss of items has occurred on your trip, then the security bond will be kept until damage or loss has been assessed. The difference will be returned, however, if more money is owed than the security bond paid by the person booking, that person will be responsible for that debt. Damaged, stolen or lost items must be paid at replacement cost.
- Boat Condition: We agree to have the boat in good working order but will not be obliged to compensate the hirers for any loss of time or misfortune due to mechanical failure.
- Unnecessary call outs will be charged.
- In the event of cancellation the owners reserve the right not to refund subject to the hire period being re-booked.
- The number of persons on board must not exceed the Marine regulations.
- Instruction will be given on handling the craft by marina staff/marina owners and they reserve the right to refuse a hire without compensation.
- The boat must not be driven at night or in inclement conditions. The boat must remain stationary with all four ropes tied securely in the event of a storm.
- The owners/marina managers reserve the right to refuse any person or persons the use of the craft without compensation.
- Additional electrical appliances may only be brought onto the boat subject to prior approval by management.
**No pets, no firearms, no kegs of beer, no axes and no trail bikes are permitted onboard the houseboat.**